5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2016 9:15 AM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Unable to access Datamarket

Noel Watson

Hi everyone,

I am trying to extract data from the data market on a clients site. When I go to the 'add data' menu, I dont even see an icon for the data market. I have accepted the license agreement in the qmc and restarted all services. Additionally, using a laptop from the same client, I cant see the icon in the desktop version either.

I was wondering if Sense now checked that it could access the service before displaying the icon, and if it does, what is the port or protocol for the communication?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Unable to access Datamarket
          Michael Tarallo

hi Noel,

I added HjalmarGislason to the thread, he may be able to connect with someone who can help. I am aware that there is a port or URI that the external client may need to be able to access.

If I find something sooner, I will reply back, but perhaps Hjalmar might be able to assist.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Michael Tarallo

I found this in the FAQ: Qlik DataMarket FAQ

Let us know:

I'm behind a firewall and can’t connect to Qlik DataMarket

If you have ways or can ask your admin to white-list domains, the domain Qlik DataMarket uses is
            datamarket-api.qlik.com

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Michael Tarallo

You can also get the log file here: Locate the DataMarket connector log file ‒ Qlik Connectors

{ProgramData}\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvDataMarketConnector\Log

Where {ProgramData} is %ALLUSERSPROFILE%.

Noel Watson

HI Michael,

Thanks for the detailed responses. Its always embarassing to get directed the FAQ, so apologies for that. I did scan that document, but maybe I didnt make it to the last few lines!

I havent had a chance to get the URL whitelisted yet. THe organisation that I'm working with have a few layers of admin that I will need to penetrate. I will check the logs though, and see if they tell a tale.

Thanks again.

Michael Tarallo

Hey Noel, no worries at all, glad I could help. I do the same thing, I like working with individuals better anyway - whether it is trying to get my xbox to work or figuing out a math problem for my kids - LOL.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik