5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2017 11:25 AM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Incremental Loading in Cloud

Ken Rice

I am currently evaluating Qlik Cloud for my company's use.  I've been able to implement incremental loading in View and Sense, but while attempting this in Cloud I get the error: "Failed to open file in write mode for file." 

Basic Script is:

Table1:

LOAD

a

b

c

FROM [lib://qlikID/FileName1.QVD] (qvd);

Concatenate (Table1)

LOAD

a

b

c

FROM [lib://qlikID/FileName1.XML] ((XmlSimple, table is [DataSet Name/Table Name]);

STORE Table1 into [lib://qlikID/FileName1.QVD] (qvd);

Can anyone help identify my error?

Thank you, Ken

• Re: Incremental Loading in Cloud
          Michael Tarallo

Hi Ken,

That is because I believe write / update mode capabilities (such as using the STORE command) are not available on Qlik Cloud. The only solution at this time would be to use Qlik Sense Enterprise Server. I will do some more research and get back to you if I hear differently.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Ken Rice

Hello Mike, thank you for your answer.  Please let me know if you find out differently because it will be factor in my evaluation.

Thanks again,

Ken 

Michael Tarallo

Hi Ken, I just heard back from our Cloud team and as I suspected it is not allowable to use certain commands that write out to the shared disk on the hosted server, however we are opening up the possibility for the future I just don't have time-frames or product release information.

You may want to look into Enterprise Server - it is not licensed by server / cpu - it is licensed by tokens (allowing an organization to manage their own software usage and its quite affordable I am told)

let me know if you would like any more information.

Kind Regards,

Mike T

Qlik