2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2010 1:25 PM by Brent Nichol RSS

Distributing to a Secured Sub-Directory

Brent Nichol

I'm using publisher to reload and distribute 80+ applications, with the applications split between 5 folders. I'd like to add a secured sub-folder to limit access to one of the applications, but I'm unable to distribute the file directly to the sub-folder without defining it as a Mounted folder in the QVS setup tab.

When I define the mounted folder, authorized users see 2 versions of the file listed in AccessPoint.

I'm using QVS V9 SR6 with NTFS for authorization.

Any Suggestions,
      B

• Distributing to a Secured Sub-Directory
          Bill Britt

Not sure what you are trying to do. However, if you do a distribution to the server and pick the mount, then only put the service account on it then the service account should be the only one who can see it.

• Distributing to a Secured Sub-Directory
              Brent Nichol

I'm trying to distribute to a sub-folder of a Mounted Folder. I'm only able to distribute to the rool of a Mounted folder. If I create a mounted folder within another mounted folder, I can distribute directly to the folder I want, but this creates 2 instances of the application on Access Point. I want to know if there is another way to accomodate the structure I'm discribing with nested security structures without displaying multiple versions of the same application.