As far as I got it, you have the following data:
- Dimensions: Employee name, Skills of Employee
- Measure: Level of Employee
For scatterplot is required two measures and one dimension, in this case that chart isn't fulfill your needs.
One employee may have multiple skill. Hm... what is the purpose of this visualisation? Compare employees, compare skills?
- Place your sheet a scatterplot from left pane in edit mode.
- Select one dimension and two measures, either on object or on the right pane.
If you want to see an example navigate the following link: http://sense-demo.qlik.com/details/SalesDiscovery
- Lanch Demo
- Select Sales and Margin sheet
- Press edit button and duplicate the sheet
- Unlink the scatterplot object and you can see the options
You can find the documentation of scatterplot here: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/ScatterPlot/scatter-plot-properties-panel.htm
Hope this helps.
This is my scenario... Suppose in an organization we see to that level of an employee with specific nos: say Emp.Grade as 1,2,3.... And i have specific skills for that particular employee. What I need to know is if i select a employee i need to knw the no.of employees in particular grade for the particular skill in Scatter Plot. I am confused with how to proceed with that