QlikView AccessPoint supports three load balancing strategies:
- Random (default setting): A round robin type strategy ideal for most users, since the session is
distributed across all nodes in the cluster.
- Loaded document: Used when sessions for the same document are to be routed to the same server.
This strategy is designed for deployments where there are more documents than a single node in the
cluster can handle. AccessPoint makes the decision based on if the document is already loaded and
on the amount of RAM available on the server.
- CPU with RAM overload (only available in QlikView 11): Allows QlikView Web Server (QVWS) to
route traffic based on two factors, (1) RAM and (2) CPU use. The node is chosen using the following
- If RAM is readily available (low) on all available nodes, choose the node with the lowest CPU use.
- If RAM is moderately used on all available nodes, choose the node with the most RAM available.
From QlikView help
The load balancing schemes are listed below.
Scheme Description Random The default load balancing scheme. The user is sent to a random server, no matter if the document the user is looking for is loaded or not. Loaded Document If only one QVS has the particular document loaded, the user is sent to that QVS. If more than one QVS or none of the QVSs has the document loaded, the user is sent to the QVS with the largest amount of free RAM. CPU with RAM Overload The user is sent to the least busy QVS.