11 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2018 12:14 PM by kiran ch RSS

Currency Symbol on Y axis

Rahul Gaadhe

Dear Experts,

I am trying to implement a bar chart to have currency symbol for example "$" sign on every Y axis step.

Please suggest how I can achieve above mentioned functionality.

I tried using "Symbol" options on number tab of bar chart but it gives symbols only at top of Y axis(screenshot attached) but not on every step.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,

RG

• Re: Currency Symbol on Y axis
          Sunny Talwar

May be use Num() function like this -> Num(Expression, '$#,##0.') and use expression default on the number tab

Rahul Gaadhe

Hi Sunny,

I implemented the way you suggested but no change in the output.

Let me know if you find something else.

Regards,

RG

Sunny Talwar

Would you be able to share a sample? In the mean time I will try it out on my end

Rahul Gaadhe

Hi Sunny,

It works but in my case the chart is for amount which is in millions, thousands and hundreds.When we give static small value for step like 5 it works for millions but when I do some selections and the value comes in thousands and in that case it does not show the $ sign.

Any other way you have implemented.

Regards,

RG

Sunny Talwar

For static step use a calculation such as Max(Value)/5 or something similar so that the static steps changes based on selection. For the exact expression, you will have to play around with it to get something which might look reasonable

Rahul Gaadhe

Hi Sunny,

I am trying to implement it not able to figure it out but working on the same path you suggested.

Thanks.

Regards,

RG

kiran ch

Hi sunny,

I have a similar situation now where I want $ for Y axis values but as per now my max value is 800000 but it can also go upto 5000

my idea was to break the Y axis values to a minimum 5 sets like if the value is 4500 I would like to have

1000,2000,3000,4000 and 5000 and for my current value as it is 800000 I would like to show up

200000, 400000,........1000000

I started writing the if conditions in my "Step value" property but ended upto a lot like below,

any simplified idea so that the graphs should give me atleast five steps irrespective of my max value

if(Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5<10000,

Round(

Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5,2000),

if(Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5<20000,

Round(

Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5,4000),

if(Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5<30000,

Round(

Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5,5000),

if(Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5<40000,

Round(

Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5,6000),

if(Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5<50000,

Round(

Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5,10000),

if(Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5<100000,

Round(

Max(Total Aggr(Rangesum(Above(sum({$<PlanVersion= {'$(vMaxPlan)'}>}[Amount_FCST]/Factor),0,RowNo())),ForecastFormula.DaysinQuarter))/5,20000)

))))))

Peter Cammaert

AFAIK there is no separate formatting for Y-axis labels. You can however put a currency symbol at the top of the axis by filling in the Symbol, Thousand Symbol, Million Symbol fields on the Chart Properties->Number tab.

Peter

Thirumala Dandamudi

Add a value to the "Static Step" (in the Axis tab)  and you will see the $ sign for every value on the Y-axis. It is little weird I hope it is not a bug but it works.

Rahul Gaadhe

Hi Thirumala,

It works but in my case the chart is for amount which is in millions, thousands and hundreds.When we give static small value for step like 5 it works for millions but when I do some selections and the value comes in thousands and in that case it does not show the $ sign.

Any other way you have implemented.

Regards,

RG