is the folder correctly named?
Export QlikView application (QVW) file to a PRJ folder
- Create a folder named the same way as QlikView application with -PRJ as suffix, in the same folder as the QlikView application. For example if the application file is named MyApplication the project folder sould be named MyApplication-PRJ
- Open the QlikView application that you want to export to a PRJ Folder.
- Press Save (or Ctrl+S) to trigger the export of the application content to the PRJ folder.
- Open the PRJ folder in a file explorer window to confirm the content has been exported. The folder should contain XML and TXT files corresponding to the objects and properties in the QlikView application.
NOTE1: The content will only be exported to the PRJ folder every time the QVW file is saved NOTE2: The PRJ folder will not contain data, which also includes variable values Recreate QlikView application (QVW) file from the PRJ folder
- If the QVW still exists, rename it to something that does not match the PRJ folder name. For example add a underscore to the file name, mainly to enable reverting to the original file if required later.
- Open QlikView desktop client
- Create a new document
- Save the document with the same name as the PRJ Folder. For example so that you get a file structure as the image below.
- Close the QlikView application, without saving the document again if prompted. This triggers importing the data from the PRJ folder to the QVW file.
- Reopen the QVW file to validate that the file has been restored.
Perhaps a non-printing character in the file name?
I had a case a few months ago where I created the -prj and then I could no longer save the document.The save operation would hang at the point where QV created a tmp file and it wrote nothing to the -prj file. I had to delete the -prj folder to save the document.
I concluded that this was due to some corruption in the document and landed up having to recreate it (which took a couple of hours), after which the -prj save worked properly. Although your symptoms are slightly different, it may also be caused by some internal corruption.
The file name is quite generic, and i've tried changing it to something else with the same results.
I did wonder if it was some kind of corruption that would require me to recreate the document though. I was hoping that I could avoid having to go down that route, but thankfully it's not a huge report so hopefully wont take too long to recreate. Will see if that fixes the problem.