cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum a selection of results in a Column.

Hi,

I'm New to Qlik View and have just completed my training.

Just wondering if anyone can help please.

I have a column of data which contains results from One to Five.

I need to sum only the results which come in for 4 and 5 and ignore the 1,2 and 3's.

I am sure there is a simple way to do this but I am really struggling to get the right results.

I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Lets say you data looks like this:

Field1, Field2

1, 20

3, 20

4, 10

3, 20

5, 40

2, 10

3, 40

4, 10

Now if you sum Field2 where Field1 = 4 or 5, you can do this:

Sum({<Field1 = {4, 5}>} Field2)

In here I am using set analysis to tell the expression to sum only places where Field1 = 4 or Field = 5. If in case you want this to change when you make selections in Field1, then you can further add an *

Sum({<Field1 *= {4, 5}>} Field2)

Here it will show 4 or 5's sum, but as soon as your select 1 or 2 or 3 in Field 1, the sum will become 0.

There are a lot of possibilities with set analysis, we just need to know what exactly your end goal is.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your reply.

I have got confused and I should have been doing a Count instead of a sum. For example count all the 4's and 5's and combine them together. 

In your example there are 2 x 4 and 1 x 5 so the total should be 3 overall.

I have created a bar chart and I am able to choose 4 & 5 count results but although I am able to get an overall total for the two, the bar chart still splits it into 2 x 4 & 1 x 5 stacked.  I need to amalgamate the totals on the bar chart so that the 4 & 5 counts are totalled as 3 and appear as one colour and when drilling down stay combined.

Would you be able to suggest a way to get a Bar chart which combines the two counts as a total.

I have tried a lot of combinations but just cant get them to total together.  I hope this makes sense.

Once again Thank you for your help on this.

Kind Regards

Wendy

sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Dimension:

Expression:

Count({<Field1 = {4, 5}>} Field1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny,