What do you need help with? Did you try something and it didn't work? Can you post what you have already tried so far?
The idea is this:
- Create a Section Access; zone in your load script. Add NTNAME values with Custom user names prefixed by the artificial CUSTOM\ domain. Add an ACCESS and LEVEL2 link field with proper values for each user. Note that both field names and values should be specified in UPPER CASE.
- In your Section Application area, either rename your Level2 field to Upper Case, or create an upper case copy of Level2 in the same table.
FYI: this is a community staffed by volunteers that may or may not be available. If you want a guaranteed level of assistance on a strictly timed basis, contact a QlikView consultant.
It is never a good idea to reduce an application that has section access in it. Section access is a form or reduction based on who logs in. If you are going through the trouble of doing data reduction, why not just reduce the document to the level you want and distribute it to the users that should have access.
You are correct. But, in my scenario, there should be separate application for each client, which we are reducing and distributing using single field named as GlobalName on publisher and after that now each client want the data restriction to there respective reduced app that is what I am trying to achieve.
Can you please help me in this case?
- There is only single application suppose named as MainApp.qvw
- Now using the one field in the data-model named as GlobalName, we are reducing the main app to generate separate copy of each global name using publisher machine named as App1, App2,App3
- Now I want to restrict the data in each reduced app that is App1, App2,App2 for that I am appying the section access in the main app.
- Now tell me how to achieve this.