Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC Reload Engine problem

Help!

I've upgraded to QV10 and the Reload Engine (QEMC > Status > Tasks tab) constantly expands and collapses the entire tree every second.

It shows ReloadEngine for about a second, then expands the whole tree to show all the jobs, then after about a second, it collapses again. I am not able to edit or reload any of my tasks. This is so annoying! I have Automatic Refresh of task list unticked, but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else come across this?

With thanks
James

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try installing another browser, ex Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox /Apple Safari. Does it do the same?

-alex

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

Tried with Chrome and it's working fine. Tried with IE7 and it also works fine. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll put it down to an IE8 bug with QV10. This is the third bug I've found so far following the upgrade. Hope Qliktech gets round to fixing them all soon.

James

Not applicable
Author

I'd like to reopen this thread. Same thing is happening again, regardless of browser.

I open QEMC, which opens on the Status > Tasks. The page refreshes constantly, every second. This makes using the QEMC completely unusable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
James

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. I've migrated from 9 SR5 server to 10 IR. Previously it was this list of services:

DSC@
QDS@
QVS@
QVW@

The new one appeared right after migration - ReloadEngine@. And now I can see QDS@ and ReloadEngine@ together in tasks list. Both of them have the same tasks tree with described above blinking behavior. It looks like they fight to each other to present its own task tree.

Does anybody know why is that?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi James

Can you try to remove registy entries for qlikview serer 9 from registry.

This might help you to resolve your problem.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ashfaq.

I tried doing that. In fact, I tried pretty much everything but nothing worked.

And then one day, it just started working correctly. Absolutely no idea why. We made no changes to the server. I like to think it just 'settled in' and started behaving.

James