6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 11:20 AM by chandra sarva RSS

QV Continuous Reload

Steve_Rochefort

Hi,

I've been trying to find some sort of documentation from QlikTech about the new scheduling option in QVS9 where you can setup a QVW to be reloaded continuously.

What triggers this event exactly? How does this work? I am worried this may create a lot of traffic on our network.

It seems to be working nice... I added a record to my DB then alt-tabbed to IE and did a F5 Refresh and my new data appeared instantly.

Even thought the reload seems to be working I am receiving the following:

"Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'E:\qlikview_data\applications\Development\Test.qvw' because it is being used by another process. "

Any idea on what could be causing this? I know I am the only person working on that server and the file is only used by QVS and me working from another computer though the QV portal.

Thanks!

Steve

• QV Continuous Reload
          Steve_Rochefort

I let the reload go through the night and received popups every 5 minutes until the server rebooted then I received the error once and it stopped.

This morning I went back in as a client and received the popup once again.

Why would QV allow me to setup continuous reloads but send me errors whenever a user goes in the application??? I don't quite get it...

• QV Continuous Reload
            Torben Seebach

That properly means that you have the QlikView document open in QlikView while you are running the reload.

This can create a windows filelock, which gives some strange errors

• QV Continuous Reload
                Steve_Rochefort

However I was hoping that since this feature is available in QVS that it would allow in it's own users (using web clients) without sending error messages / warnings.

Obviously if I were to open the QVW using QV.EXE I could be locking access to the file.

The continuous reload seems to be working fine, I wish I could get rid of these alerts...

Has anyone worked with this Continuous reload feature that could provide more information?

• QV Continuous Reload
                    Rob Wunderlich

I haven't tried the continuous reload option, but have you unchecked "Allow only one copy of document in memory" in the server settings? I imagine you would need that off for this to work correctly.

-Rob

• QV Continuous Reload
                        Steve_Rochefort

Thank you for the suggestion,

I have unchecked the setting however I still get a few error messages everytime I open the application from the QV Access point.

12/20/2010 1:55:09 PM Error Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Processes\PID_3752.dat' is denied.
                        at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                        at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
                        at QVBWrapper.ProcessKeeper.Delete(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Process i_Process)
                        12/20/2010 1:55:09 PM Error The task "Development/Test.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=1

12/20/2010 1:58:04 PM Error The QlikView Engine PID file could not be created
                        12/20/2010 1:58:05 PM Error The document failed to open.
                        12/20/2010 1:58:06 PM Error Document could not be opened
                        12/20/2010 1:58:06 PM Error Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState=CouldNotOpenDocument
                        12/20/2010 1:58:06 PM Error The task "Development/Test.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=4

12/20/2010 3:54:52 PM Error The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
                        at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                        at System.IO.File.Replace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)
                        at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)
                        12/20/2010 3:54:52 PM Error Save failed.
                        12/20/2010 3:54:52 PM Error The task "Development/Test.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=2

We are running version 9.0.7469.8.