2 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2016 12:17 PM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Layering and text formatting

Emma Emma

Please  How do I do layering in Qlik sense?

See this snapshot

I want my text to be close to my icon but not working I cant place the text on the photo also I tried to place my text on the

same control with the photo but I couldn't format and align my text.

• Re: Layering and text formatting
          Gabor Tarnoczai

Hi Emac,

You can't do layering in Qlik Sense, every object has its own area, can't overlay each other.

G.

• Re: Layering and text formatting
            Michael Tarallo

Hello Emma,

As Gabor has mentioned, layering is not possible in the Qlik Sense analysis / edit design interface, but is possible in the Storytelling interface, (as you could layer snapshots and text and graphics and images) however - that is really only for presentation and collaboration purposes.

However, it appears you are trying to create graphical tabs and want to overlay text on top, where the txt / metrics will obviously change based on user selections.

Due to the responsive nature of the interface auto-adjusting is possible, you may be able to override the behavior by changing the object type - (Image, Text, Image and Text) to get it to be close / next to the image, (if not a tab) but it will not overlay it.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik