Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task Log not displaying as expected

Im new to writing QlikView Community so excuse me if my terminolgy or description is slightly "off"

In Enterprise Management Console under Status --> Tasks, we have a list of tasks that reload our QVW's. When a log is created for each task, a new folder is created in the below location.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\Log

However, when I view the log via Enterprise Management Console --> Status --> Tasks --> Task Details --> Logs, the infomation comes from a slightly different location. Note the "1" near the end of the address.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log

Is it possible to change either, the default location where logs are stored? or the location where Enterprise Management Console --> Status --> Tasks --> Task Details --> Logs picks up its info?

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

This is still causing an issue as the logs are not updating correctly.

How does the below get populated.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log

AND

How can you change the default location of where the logs go.

If I delete/rename the above folder then I get the below error in the log of the task.

Last Execution

(2011-01-06 11:01:26) Error: Could not scan directory.

Exception=System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path

'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal,

String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()

at SolutionGlobal.Logging.TabularLog.GetTaskLogFileEntries(IEnumerable`1 basePaths, String taskName,

Int32 maxRecords)