Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moral support to upgrade to v10 -- Who has upgraded to v10? If not yet, why not?

I am looking for some moral support here as we consider upgrading from v85 to v10.

Has anyone fully upgraded to v10? If so, how is it going? Would you do it differently if you did it again?

If you have not upgraded to v10, what is keeping you from it? What are you waiting for?

Any insights and warm fuzzies (or not) would be helpful!

Thanks! Gracias!

Tyler

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We upgraded to V10 and last night to SR 1, everything went well! So i see no reason to doubt.

We upgraded from V9 SR6. I don''t know how 8.5 is going?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

We´re doing a QV 8.5 to QV 10 upgrade in a client.

We're in the testing stage but so far we've only found two differentes, WHERE RECNO()=0; doesn't seem to work in QV10 and it is now able to read XLS decimal values that are not being shown.

We've also found some minor differences in graphs layouts and things like that.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

We have not yet upgraded to version 10. I'm not in charge of when we do it, so I can't say for sure why we haven't. I think the main thing is we'd want to retest a wide selection of our applications first, and we just haven't scheduled time for this in the frenzy to get things done by the end of the year. Also, we have some charts built from multiple objects that need to be pixel-perfect to look right, and these OFTEN need to be adjusted for new versions, even for new SR releases. So an upgrade typically takes us a little time. I assume we'll upgrade early next year.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have you yourself upgraded to QV10? or are you still considering the upgrade and weighing the pros and cons?

Not applicable
Author

We are in the middle of it -- testing out v10 and trying to understand the differences in Server and document-task setup vs the old Job/task setup. I like v10 doc-task layout much better.

However, we have over 100 tasks (in about 50 v85 jobs) that are also inter-linked with ESP (another scheduling tool) that we have to map out and manually re-create in v10... Lots of work here... So we just want a gauge of how fast / hard we should push to migrate to v10.

Thanks to all for your input thus far. Still looking for more experiences (both ways -- ya or nay).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Keeping with the spirit of this post, we are starting to consider an Upgrade from 9.0 SR6 to QV 10.0. Can anyone provide insight on the amount of time it took and if any modifications were needed before, during or after the upgrade. We have well over 250 distribution tasks, executed via EDX calls. We are concerned with having to redo any of these tasks.

Thanks for any insight into the upgrade process!

JS

Not applicable
Author

I have and it looks ok so far.

Not applicable
Author

We are in the middle -- upgrading from v85 and are re-creating everything.

SR1 does not seem to be working at present --- more to come (I hope!).

Overall, though, the Publisher doc and task setup is much easier in v10 than 8.5. That's a plus for v10.

Not applicable
Author

If you are upgrading to v10, how many of you have gone to SR1? Or are you working on the initial release?

Thanks for your input.