Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Synthetic keys- how to built the date model

Hello Everyone! I need your help with a data model. I need to calculate the sales margin by client and payer ( each payer has multiple clients)

Some sales are associated to a payer and client, while others are associated only with payers.

I built an excel file and a qvf.

How do I need to built the data model to have the sales margin by payer name? (including all client and payer sales and cost associated to the payer)

Thank you very much for your help!

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this will be helpful for you: Get started with developing qlik datamodels.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ignacio,

I have looked at your excel file and it looks straight forward load all the tabs from excel one after the other..

you have id_client, id_payer in sales costs and clients and id_payer in payers...first 3 will form synthetic key which is ok but if you don't want that then rename id_payer.. but please ensure you have same id_payer name in Clients and payers as we want to pull the payer name also..so sales costclient should have association on id_client and another association on renamed id_payer between client and payers tab...

hope I was clear enough..Let me know if you want me to create a sample qvf..

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have loaded the excel as is and the following data model occurs with one synthetic table with id_client,id_payer,year which is fine and it is not wrong if you want to eliminate the synthetic key then make a composite key by combining all three but already qlik is doing for us...

Thanks