Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automation of scheduler without publisher.

Hi guys,

I've been working on a C# program to schedule tasks in Qlikview server with publisher, and it works good. I know that many people has done this before but, on the other hand, I would like to know if anyone has been capable of automate tasks for a qlikview server without publisher.

There is not enough information out there, and I just invest too much time on this thread without success. I would be truly gratefull if anyone can give me some hints and tips about it.

Thanks for your time guys, hopefully there is a way to do this without publisher.

Cheers,

8 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi,

Go through this https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5412

I have explained with step by step

Hope this may help you.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi vikas,

This is not what I'm loking for . My issue is with the QlikView API, as I said before I've created a mini program that process text files and automatically schedule the tasks mentioned in  the Qlikview server. The main issue here is that

I'm unable to do this with a non-publisher server due the lack of distribution service....

STILL LOOKING FOR SOME HINTS & TIPS

Thanks for the answer tho

Regards,

vikasmahajan

If I understand you can create small qvw to process text files and automatically schedule from windows server via windows scheduler.

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
vikasmahajan

it can be done without publisher !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Do you have any sample in C# for testing? I would like to have a look to the source code or see a functional demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

Do not forget me, still struggling with this thread. Looking for more inputs and opinions. So here I go...

*** BRING UP MY POST ***

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, but no one understand your problem. For automation based on Qlikview API you don't need (necessary) a Qlikview Server or Publisher. The only you need is Qlikview Desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi. You can automatize works as extract data, update documents. Another form is create a routine than perform work as export objects than you have in your document. See the examples of How export tables to excel. You carn run the code for example when you reload a document.