I have an interesting problem with respect to migrating a certain qlik view apps to qlik sense server. This app is just over 2GB in size.
A little background on what the challenges are:
1. Both Qlik View and Qlik Sense were set up on two different windows servers on AWS instances
2. Based on all documentation I have come across, all migration techniques require dragging/opening the qvw's in Qlik Sense as an intermediate step and importing the qvf in qlik sense server.
3. Qlik Sense Desktop cannot be installed on windows Servers
4. Copying/Dragging the qvw to a local Qlik Sense desktop is not feasible due to slow internet connectivity, I have tried this and this has run for hours without end.
5. Copying the qvw to a local system will take forever to complete thus that option is not feasible.
The size of the qvw as well as the internet connectivity is limiting all known options to achieve this, has anyone had this challenge or how was this surmounted.
I have not explored copying loading scripts from Qlik view to Qlik Sense yet as it seems a tad bit manual. A situation where I would have to migrate a whole lote of Qlik View apps might be problematic.