Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

2 decimal points

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this.

I have a QlikView app; all works fine. Then when I send this output to nPrinting, it expands the numbers and doesn't keep them to 2 decimal places. In my app, they are set to 2 decimal places.

I've tried setting the formatting to 2 decimal places in the expression and then have a look at the output in nPrinting and it shows as

Instead, I change the number format itself to 2 decimal places on the chart tabs and still I get

I am using a powerpoint nprinting output.

Anyone understand why this happens? I have the same issue with percentages.

Advice appreciated.

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What if you

=Round( Sum(Value) ,0.01)

in your expression?

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Excellent.

This worked a charm.

Any idea why

num( ..... , '#.##') wont work?

or why when changing the number format directly in the chart tabs; that even though in QlikView, both options appeared to 2 decimal places but when reflected in nPrinting, this would have about 8 decimal points?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Round is modifying the number stored internally, while the num() function changes the text representation

(have a look at Data Types in QlikView)

The number format tab in the chart properties is doing something similar like the num() function.

I assume nPrinting is only looking at the number stored and uses his own formatting (or none).

vikasmahajan

you can use num(  Number ,'#,##0.00')

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Hi Stefan,

yes, the expression works - but only in sum-fields. If you use an arithmetic operation, it won't; for example:

round(sum(Value),0.01)/count(distinct (pieces)) shows still 329,96581436655 in the NPrinting-generated Excel

The same, if you display results in % .

Any idea?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't have that much experience with NPrinting. You might be better off creating a new thread in the NPrinting forum space.

But I would give it a try applying the formatting / rounding to the result of the arithmetic operation:

=round( sum(Value) /count(distinct pieces) ,0.01)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want number formatting to not start jumping around and do its own thing, include at least one zero in the number format, like

num(..., '#.#0')

instead of

num(..., '#.##')

or the result may even decide to switch to scientific notation.