2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2016 9:16 AM by Martha Soloch RSS

Hide record

Martha Soloch

Topic translated by Community Team member.

Please post in English unless you are posting in a language specific section.

---

Hello,

I'm new to QlikView and have a question and although I would hide in a table all rows that

1. In the dimension xyz nothing stands in it and

2. calculated in the table formula 0 comes out

I wanted to do it with the where clause, but that only works in the dimension.

Then I thought, I create the formula that has been stored in the table in the script, and then takes the using the where Bediungng function. But I can of myself inexplicably the formula does not create the script, there is always an error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Here the script:

load *,

sum(VkFaktor) as Jahres_ges     //* this is the formula that I have re-inserted and then award a new variable for it.

resident Plan4;

where (exists (OMS)) and Jahres_ges > 0)

drop table Plan4;

• Re: Hide record
          Oleg Troyansky

I'm not too sure what's the end goal is (the translation is a bit fuzzy), however I can point out what's wrong in your load statement... You can only use the sum() function in a GROUP BY load, not in a regular load of a table. So, the following statement would be valid:

LOAD

Item,

sum(Factor) as SumFactor

resident

Plan4

GROUP BY Item

;

however the next statement is wrong - sum() is not allowed without GROUP BY:

LOAD

sum(Factor) as SumFactor

resident

Plan4

;

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business - The Expert Guide for QlikView and Qlik Sense