Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I run Qlik Sense apps on a company server?

Hi all,

I am new to Qlik Sense and IT in general. I recently created a Qlik Sense app which I want to share with the rest of my team.

I did some research and apparently the most straightforward way to share my app with the rest is by sending the .qvf file in an e-mail attachement to all team members. But this requires them to install Qlik Sense first etc.

Traditionally those kind of apps are shared through our company server, to which all team members have access. Therefore I was wondering if I could let the app run on this server? Or is sharing through the .qvf file the only option?

Many thanks for a non-technical answer ;-)!

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I would suggest to install Qlik Sense Enterprise. In other words: The Qlik Sense server.

This does require buying tokens so you can license the server.

Once you have a server, you no longer (need to) install local clients, but instead everyone goes to the intranet website that the server supplies, you no longer manually have to refresh the data as you schedule a task for that (on this server) and you can start applying security (because maybe not everyone should have access to your data).

May you live in interesting times!
rittermd
Master
Master

You can also create a free account for Qlik Cloud.  You will then be able to upload a few small dashboards and share them with others without have to purchase anything.

The other option is that each user install the free desktop version.  Then send them the qvf file.  May not be practical if you have many people to share with.

davidganly
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Cloud is your best first option.  Once you out grow cloud then consider "Enterprise" or the Server model.