cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading xml file from server to local qvw document

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to load an XML file stored on a server directly into a qvw document saved on my PC.

I have full access to the server and there are not password restrictions on the XML. I am using a load statement in my script similar to:

LOAD field1, field2, field3

FROM [\\server_name\path\file_name.xml] (XmlSimple);

This statement does not produce any errors, however it does not load any data into my qvw document.

When I type in \\server_name\path\file_name.xml into a file explorer window I can access the xml doc just fine. What am I missing that will allow me to load this file?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think the specified file-format isn't quite correct and it is missing the table. The best way to get the syntax right is to use the table-wizard within the script-editor where you could choose xml as file-format to get a preview to the data and the data-structure and maybe an error-message if the xml isn't well-formed.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
muthukumar77
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I have tried to load the data from xml. PFA

Please check this app what you are missing.

I'm using "Webfiles" Load.

Muthukumar Pandiyan
marcus_sommer

I think the specified file-format isn't quite correct and it is missing the table. The best way to get the syntax right is to use the table-wizard within the script-editor where you could choose xml as file-format to get a preview to the data and the data-structure and maybe an error-message if the xml isn't well-formed.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus. The wizard was the way to go.

Turns out there was a problem with a key field.