2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2016 3:27 AM by Frank Duchmann RSS

backendApi.selectValues on different HyperCube than layout.qHyperCube

Frank Duchmann

Hello Qlik Community,

I try to send a Selection to the backendApi out of an Extension in Qlik Sense.

This works fine if I have only one HyperCube (the standard HyperCube, which can be reached with layout.qHyperCube).

If I have a second HyperCube defined and created, I have not found a way to send a Selection over this HyperCube to the Backend.

I tried to edit the backendApi settings such as dataPath and path with no luck.

Here some Code to explain my problem:

// Definition of the second HyperCube

var cubeDef = {

qDimensions: [{

qDef: {qFieldDefs: ["activity_id"] }

},{

qDef: {qFieldDefs:["case_id"]}

}

],

qInitialDataFetch: [{

qTop: 0,

qLeft: 0,

qHeight: 100,

qWidth: 2
         }]

};

// Creating the second HyperCube

var app = qlik.currApp();

app.createCube(cubeDef, function(q1){

console.log("Native HyperCube", layout.qHyperCube);      // Access to native HC possible

console.log("Second HyperCube", q1.qHyperCube);         // Access to new HC possible

....  some code for an Button    .....

button.onclick=function(){

var selection = [1];          // for tests this is hard-coded    

_this.backendApi.selectValues(0,selection, false);           //this here works only with native HyperCube

}                                                                                       // Note that _this is defined as this right after the paint function.

});

So with _this.backendApi.selectValues(0, selection, false)         0 is always the frist Dimension of the native HyperCube, but I would like to set reference 0 to the first Dimension of my own HyperCube.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards

Frank