cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahplymale
Creator
Creator

Snapshot Resize on PDF or PPT export

I am using QlikSense 2.2.4 and I took snapshots of objects, put them into a story and they look great.

Capture2.PNG

Then I tried to export the story to PDF or PPT so that I could distribute it ahead of the presentation, but the snapshots resized on export and put in scrollbars so you can no longer see all the data.

Picture1.png

I thought the snapshots were static images, so I was surprised they could resize and insert scroll bars on export.  Is there a way to keep this from happening or a way to set up your story so the export will look good? 

Thanks!

4 Replies
czm
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarah,

you can get all the data setting higher output dimensions (default output dimensions depend on your browser's window size when viewing the story).

Best regards,

Carlo

sarahplymale
Creator
Creator
Author

That does work, but it is very clunky.  I have to just trial and error until I get the appropriate dimensions to see all my data.  The aspect ratio of the resulting file is really odd (basically I have to make it like my screen size, which isn't a normal pdf or ppt ratio).  I wish that it would export just as it looks on the screen and/or that the aspect ratio of the blank story slides was standard.  In my case it appears to be linked to the aspect ratio of my monitor not the browser window size, so that even resizing the browser window the story slides are still non-standard and export functionality is the same. Any chance of a better way to get snapshots out of QlikSense?

Not applicable

We are having a similar issue.  Did you get a resolution to this?

czm
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry, but unfortunately that's the way in which the export of the story works, at least in current Sense versions.