Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Process to change data of an app on Qlik Sense

Hi, Please help me to guide how to change a data for created application on Qlik sense. I have created an app with sample data and now I wanted to replace the sample data with original one. I am using Qlik Sense desktop.

9 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I think what you mean is run the load script again after you replaced the current sources with other data.

Or do you mean "how to point the load script to other source files"?

I assume you simply want to run the load script.

To do so:

- Open the app

- Go to the Navigation button (top left corner)

- Click on "Data load editor"

- Click on "Load data" (top right corner)

That should do the trick.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Working fine when I load data but not fulfilling my requirement. I want to replace the previous loaded data and upload a new data with the same column headings. Please guide

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

... which is exactly what it does.

Not applicable
Author

I don't know what am doing wrong. This is not replacing the old data, on the contrary adding the old data and new data

Can I delete the data from app and load it later??

Please suggest.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

We must be misunderstand each other or the data in your app is confusing you. Whatever it is, lets see if we can clear things up.

The moment Qlik executes the load script, the tables in the current application get dropped from memory. The only thing that it keeps are variables (not to be confused with columns in tables).

That means that it will access your data sources again and load whatever is in those sources.

If those sources contain a copy of the data you do NOT want to load, then that will explain why you still see that data in your application.

Ask yourself:

- Am I 100% sure look at the same application?

- Does my source contain a copy of the data I do not want?

brijeshvma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

If your original Data column and dummy data column are same then you just need to change to check the file name or if its in different place then change the data path..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot.. I found the error.. and resolved it. Your support really helps

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Do tell: What was the problem you solved?

Not applicable
Author

I had deleted the sample file from the folder, where it was linked with Qlik app. Then go to the Load Data option and run it. Application got blank in the absence of linked file and again linked the app with the original data.

It works for me