2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2016 4:51 AM by Ana Jiménez RSS

    Qlikview Distribution Issue

    Saravana Prabhu A

      Hi All,

      We are facing distribution issues from the Qlikview Backend to Frontend Server(access point)  following is the error log .

      No issues when reloading only issues are related to distribution to the access point server please let me know any immediate solution

       

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Error: QVClient.Execute failed: System.Exception: The communication with QlikView Server failed (TimedOut)! || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageDataFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Double timeout) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.GetMessageSizeFromSocket(Double timeout) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(Byte[] request) || at QlikTech.NetClient.QvClient.Execute(String request) || at QVSWrapper.QlikViewServer.ExecuteXml(Action`2 i_Logger, String i_Command)

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Information: Performance data (CopyFile): Connecting to QVS. (0), DMSAccessRules=1 (0), Uploading file: xyz(16), Write complete. (27376640 bytes processed) (1810)

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Error: QVS Distribution failed to distribute to QVS

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Error: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Information: Deleting temporary files.

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Information: Closing the document.

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=35056

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Error: The task "XYZ/XYZ Qwe.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2 || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:01:26.6596665

      (2016-06-20 07:07:22) Information: Sending Alert mail

      (2016-06-20 07:07:23) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

      (2016-06-20 07:07:23) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors

      (2016-06-20 07:07:23) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors - completed

      (2016-06-20 07:07:23) Information: Saving Task Result

        • Re: Qlikview Distribution Issue
          Fei Xu

          We have the same issue.

          The QV server is QV11 SR10. The server is Windows 2012 SR2.

          8 CPU cores.

          Simultaneously Engine is set to 4.

          Simultaneously Engine for QV administrator is set to 20.

          Reload is fine. Issue is when trying to distribute to QVS.

          All the users cannot open any QV application from Access point page.

          A lot of CPU and RAM are not used.

          This is not a new server and most of the time we don't have any issue.

          Mostly happened in month start, when we have some PNL application that needs to be reloaded every 10 minutes and then distribute.

          Publisher is installed.

           

          What else information is needed?

           

          Can anyone shed any light please?

           

          Thanks

           

          Fei

            • Re: Qlikview Distribution Issue
              Ana Jiménez

              We recently had the same issue and what is worse, the logs are saying everything went OK but actually the dashboard did not distribute from the SourceDocuments folder to the UserDocuments folder.

              We use QVv11.2 SR12 and we did not see this before (it has sometimes failed but at least the log is telling you there is an error). It's a random thing, it failed 4 times in a row, then it went OK and then failed again.

              We opened a case to Qlik but no feedback from them so far.

              In your case ,when the error is registered in the log, we noticed this happens sometimes when the target file is locked (and we noticed this happens specially if the file is huge)