3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2011 2:46 AM by Gonzalo Ruiz RSS

QV 10 Server Objects

When I upgrade to QV 10, is there a way to edit server objects? All my old server obects say "invalid: Content." But when I create one on the new server, it shows up correctly in AccessPoint. Is there a way to get around this, other than to make the user create all new bookmarks?

Thanks,

Alex

• QV 10 Server Objects
          Gonzalo Ruiz

HI, I just have the same problem. How did you resolve this issue?

BR

Gonzalo Ruiz Gonzalez

• QV 10 Server Objects
              Brent Nichol

What version of QVS were you migrating from?  Did you upgrade to v10 SR3?

I'm looking at an upgrade, but I'll have to re-test to confirm the server objects weren't corrupted.

FYI:  The Shared File Viewer & Server Object Handler tools from this thread might help investigation... http://community.qlik.com/thread/38461

Thanks,

B

• QV 10 Server Objects
                  Gonzalo Ruiz

Hi Bnichol,

The problem is resolve now, we upgrade from 10 sr 2 to 10 sr3 when the problem appears. The mean of the error is:

"Invalidcontent" means that the object exists only in the listing, but has noproperties of its own. Basically it is a legacy object, probably from anearlier version and not properly deleted. They will show up in QMC/QEMC butdoes in fact not exist as objects that are interactive in the documents. Youcan and should delete these objects.

I our case, the problem was related to invalid conections to non existing metadata files in the sharefiles.  Yo can se this using the power tools.

BR

//Gonzalo Ruiz Gonzalez