4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2011 12:41 PM by Sergio Martin Alvarez RSS

Upload documents

Sergio Martin Alvarez

Hello to all.

I've heard that i can upload qvw through the access point. I've been reading some posts and i found some things like:

1) Activate the Allow update document in the enterprise managment

2) i have to set the security authorization to DMS

Well, i've done both...but...how continues the configuration...how can i upload a document?? Is that really posible??

Thanks in advance to all!

Regards!

• Upload documents
          Vlad Gutkovsky

Sergio,

No, this is not possible through the AccessPoint, you've been misinformed. You would have to create a regular transfer (like FTP) which would then be deposited in your User Documents (i.e. AccessPoint) folders on the server. But it's a best practice to let Publisher take care of publishing everything to the AccessPoint so it can set security properly, etc. I would therefore recommend avoiding such uploads to the AccessPoint folders and instead maybe you can implement an upload to the Source Documents folders.

Regards,

• Upload documents
              Sergio Martin Alvarez

Thanks Vlad for your recommendations and information. Anyway i was looking for this functionality to upload aplications to a test ambience, just for developers. In the company i work, there is a lot of bureaucracy, e.g. to upload an application to the publisher i've to do a ticket with four levels of autorization and after all that the people who manages the QV server upload my application to the publisher, the process can take about 3 days minimum to 2 weeks maximum; all that just to see how my new application as seen from the web access point with java or ajax plugins (generally it's not very necesary, but when i need it...it's very annoying). i thought if i can upload directly to the access point an application to test i could evade all that process.

• Upload documents
                  Vlad Gutkovsky

Sergio,

There is actually a bureaucracy in most organizations :) That's why companies usually get at least 2 servers: DEV and PROD. Often, they will even get a 3rd one for testing. It makes it a little challenging if you only have 1 server, for exactly the reasons you described.

Good luck!

• Upload documents
                      Sergio Martin Alvarez

Well, i suppose i will have to be a victim of the bureaucracy Stick out tongue once again jeje. I'm waiting to test an application since monday 14 on DEV server, if it's ok...i will generate a ticket to pass it to production server...i think they take about a week to do that.... Tongue Tied

Anyway, thank you very much for the information and the time Vlad.