Does anyone know if it is possible to use the 'UserID' variable in Qlik Sense to apply a default filter to an app, whilst also keeping all the other variations of the filter available for selection?
- user opens an app and the data is filtered on Field B (which is a name) to show just that users data. The filter also contains all the other users, so that a user can then select and view any other users data as well
- I do not want to use Section Access as this will filter the app for a UserID, however it will not allow the user to then select others.
I want to:
1) pick up the current user that is logged in to a Qlik Sense app
2) obtain the long username - firstname surname - that is stored in QMC
3) use this username to create a variable so that the app defaults to the data for that particular person
so that UserID (QMC firstname surname format) = 'Field B' (which is stored as firstname surname format)