Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show business description on access point

I would like to show business name or description shown on the access point instead of the QVW file names. What is the best way to do this?

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

In the QlikView Enterprise Management Console (or at least the version we're on), you can enter an override name on the Reduce tab, under "Save the reduced document with the following name". It doesn't matter if you're not reducing the document; it still works.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI jonathanci

The feature you are serching is available with Publisher

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much. I did try that and it seems like the Publisher saves the source document to the new name, but on the Access Point, the file still shows the extention: "newname.qvw" I was trying to make it such that the users only see "newname". Is this possible?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

jonathanci wrote:Thank you very much. I did try that and it seems like the Publisher saves the source document to the new name, but on the Access Point, the file still shows the extention: "newname.qvw" I was trying to make it such that the users only see "newname". Is this possible?

Yeah, all of our applications have the .qvw extension in Access Point. I'm hardly a Publisher expert, though, so it could certainly be possible to remove the extension for display purposes. Hopefully someone else knows a way?