12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2015 6:26 AM by Tamara Witzgall RSS

error on loading document from qvs

boaz shatz

upon opening a document from qvs 10 sr1 we receive the following errors/warning:

2011-03-01 17:13:21 2011-03-02 17:35:15 2 500 Warning Exception: Caught ... exception in: .\ChartFunctions.cpp at 3038
      2011-03-01 17:13:21 2011-03-02 17:35:15 2 500 Warning Exception: Caught ... exception in: .\QPivotTableBox.cpp at 2314
      2011-03-01 17:13:21 2011-03-02 17:35:29 2 500 Warning Exception: Caught ... exception in: .\ChartFunctions.cpp at 3038
      2011-03-01 17:13:21 2011-03-02 17:35:29 2 500 Warning Exception: Caught ... exception in: .\QPivotTableBox.cpp at 2314
      2011-03-01 17:13:21 2011-03-03 08:37:04 2 500 Warning Document Load: The document d:\qvmodels\prod\klali\klali.qvw failed to load for unknown reasons (e=14) [22].

the last row repeat a lot of time

• error on loading document from qvs

Hello,

Can you please check the Log file? And does the file you are trying to open has a Macro or something?

• error on loading document from qvs
            Neo Teric

I just received this error in the Event log, from a .qvw that has no macros in it:

Warning    Exception: Caught ... exception in: .\ChartFunctions.cpp at 2952

We are running QV10 SR2 on a cluster of 2 Windows 2003 R2 SP2 servers, 16 cores 32gb ram, lightly loaded.  Clients typically use IE Plug-In.

• Re: error on loading document from qvs
              R Winkel

Hello,

Did anyone find out what this is?

i'm getting 'Exception: Caught ... exception in: .\QPivotTableBox.cpp at 2952'

The document is consuming 100GB of ram and crashes the Qlikview server.

QVS 10

Thanks.

We had this error message also popping up for couple of our users of one document even though it worked for the rest of the users.

I found out that user would be able to open the document through Access Point but not through our website. (We have the QlikView reporting in iFrame as part of our website). This raised an idea that perhaps it is somehow connected to the authentication and we decided to delete and reassign the user's CAL. After doing this, the user was able to login without problems and we didn't need to touch the .SHARED file (which would have been really bad).

So this is what I did: QEMC -> System -> Licenses -> Client Access Licenses (CALs) -> Assigned CALs and removed the user’s CAL and then reactivated it.

I am not completely sure that if it fixed anything since this issue has been apparently coming and going for the users but it worked for the two out of two users I was able to test it on.

EDIT: I just received a message that the issue returned, so apparently it wasn't a long term solution at least.

Mihai Petcu

I'm having this issue too.

We're on 11Sr2u2.

Is there any new info around this issue?

Tamara Witzgall

We had a simmilar issue seperate from any reloads in our Windows logs.

Turned out that one of the dimensions in the chart wasn't available any more.

After I deleted this the error didn't occure again.

Maybe you shoud check your application (not just the code - also all charts, tableboxes, etc.) very carefully for red underlinings (fields, that QV can no longer find in the database).

It seem like QV is having trouble with that.