Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger Reload Task as Custom User

Hi All,

first thanks to the people who contributed information about how the edx trigger works and example code.
I have built an application with a trigger-button-macro which triggers a reload task. It works fine from the QlikViewDesktop which is locally running on our QlikView machine under an account which is member of Qlikview Administrators group.
When I publish this application into the QVS and try to fire the trigger through ocx-client from another machine I get an error: permission denied.
I guess the error occurs because I logged in the accesspoint as custom user whom the server does not know as local user of the server machine and member of the authorized groups.

I need this for an application which does data quality testing. With the results the user corrects the source data. Then he wants to reload and test again.

Now my questions:
Is there a way to enable a custom user to trigger the reload of a published application without giving him a local account on the server machine?
If not, would this work if I switch the user management to ActiveDirectory?

Plattform: QlikView Server Enterprise Edition 9 SR 3 (9.0.7440.8) + Publisher, Windows Server 2008 R2

Best regards
Harald

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No ideas?

richardpayne
Creator
Creator

bump

Not applicable
Author

Check your security settings for macros...  I got something like this working recently, so it is possible.