Thanks to Matt Grayndler for answering this.
Qlik NPrinting Engine running on WindowsServer 2012 (while 2008 is supported for QlikView, Sense connections require 2012 as per http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.1/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements.htm)
I wasn't running on 2012 so I assume that was the problem.
I am experiencing the same issue.
Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 184.108.40.206 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.EngineConsumer 20161004T063610.978-07:00 ERROR NPRINTSERVER 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ERROR Error opening the document 'navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://SENSESERVER/;appid=eead9ace-8ad4-468a-8630-363bc6dc19b6;identity=SENSESERVER\SENSEADMIN' \n InnerException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseConnectionString, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.ISenseNavigatorFactory])' on type 'QlikSenseContentNavigator'. ---> The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. (See inner exception for details.) \n Inner-innerException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. \n Inner-inner-innerException: None. \n ...in connection with id: 339c5eeb-1517-4f71-a9df-cc68f01fa824 connectionString : navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://SENSESERVER/;appid=eead9ace-8ad4-468a-8630-363bc6dc19b6;identity=SENSESERVER\SENSEADMIN
please let me know if anyone has a workaround or a fix for this.
I had the same error where I was trying to connect to Qlik Sense and generate meta data for the given Qlik Sense App which was giving me error : "Request has been purged due to connection errors"
Schedular Log file was showing error :
Connection navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://<servername>/;appid=<appid>;identity=QLIK\qlikservices has reached ERROR status
I had already followed the steps for certificates export and import as mentioned in Qlik Site but that didn't help me to solve that error either. However, below steps helped me to get rid of that.
1. Go to start and search for "mmc".
2. Right click and open file location.
3. Locate mmc.exe, press shift and right click, select run as different user.
4. Give credentials for the user with which Qlik Sense services are running
5. Once mmc is opened, File -> Add or Remove snap-ins -> Certificates -> Add -> My User Account -> Finish
6. Expand to Locate Certificates - Current User -> Personal -> Certificates
7. Select Qlik Sense certificate available there, Right Click -> Open Tasks -> Export.
8. Export with Private Key, Check "Include all certificates", uncheck "Delete the private key if export is successful".
9. Give some password and remember, give proper file path along with file name (note that the file will automatically be created at given path).
11. Repeat steps 7-10 to export Certificate from Certificates - Current User -> Trusted Root Certification -> Certificates
12. Repeat Steps 1-3. Give credentials for the user with which Nprinting Services are running.
13. Repeat Step 5-6.
14. Right click and import certificates, give password that was given while exporting certificates. Import respective certificates in respective locations (Personal and Trusted Root).
15. Restart Nprinting Services.
Hope that helps !
(P.S. I had both Qlik Sense Server and Nprinting Server installed with different local user service account Windows 8 64 bit Operating System and Now everything works fine.)