Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server objects - can't view, can't find it

Scenario: If I "clone" an object on the server, and then move and/or resize it, and then close the document, how can I find it again?

I am using v 10.0.8811.6

I believe in previous versions I could click on the object in the "server objects pane" and the object would be displayed in the document window. Has that behavior gone away in version 10? If I click on the object in the server objects pane, nothing happens.

Is the user really supposed to remember where all of these cloned objects are? (I have colleagues who like to clone lots of objects, then modify them, and then they forget where they are)

I would rather not talk "best practices" here, just want to know how to display these objects in the document. (assuming I can't find it)

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Have you tried dragging to the sheet (or a new sheet) instead of just clicking on it?

I'm assuming that the Document Properties allow the creation of shared objects and that the server is accordingly licensed. If that's correct, opening the collaboration pane (what it's shown in the image above) should allow to drag objects to sheets and right click on them to share or disconnect them.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Have you tried dragging to the sheet (or a new sheet) instead of just clicking on it?

I'm assuming that the Document Properties allow the creation of shared objects and that the server is accordingly licensed. If that's correct, opening the collaboration pane (what it's shown in the image above) should allow to drag objects to sheets and right click on them to share or disconnect them.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Aah, yes that works, thanks for answering.

I had obviously not considered "dragging" the object from the left pane to the document window (not sure that is explicitly documented)

Anyway, good to know! Thanks again!