Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Problems in AJAX Zero Footprint environment

Hi Community,

When I checked my dasboad in AJAX Zero Footprint environment, I noticed that some display issues arise.

1. The horizontal straight table still displays vertical

2. The Straight table change its size resulting to appearance of scroll bar.

Is there anybody has solution on this?

Thanks in advance

Ronald

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

The IE plug-in needs to be installed on every client machine. You will need to refresh IE after installing the plug-in for it to work (probably best to close it and go back in). As the name suggests the IE plug-in only works in IE. The best way to select it is (as mentioned above) to set it as your default client in the drop down to the top right of the Access Point page. You can also select it by clicking on the small down arrow to the top right of each document thumbnail.

The reason you would use the Ajax client is to support users on other browsers - perhaps on Macs or mobile clients. It generally works well - but it does have the niggles that you have noted.

If you require to use Ajax because of cross browser compatibility you just need to design your document accordingly - not using Horizontal tables and allowing space for the larger scroll bars. QlikView 10 has the option to preview the page in Ajax mode in QlikView desktop - giving you a WYSIWIG view in the editor.

I would agree with the comments above though that the IE plugin gives the best UI and performance and should be used if possible.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Better use Plugin for it....

Its gives u same object which appears n application

Not applicable
Author

Hi Srividhya,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry for I was still a newbie on this part. How should I implement this? or what plugin should I use?

By the way, I'm already running a Qlikview 9.0 SR4 with IE Plugin 9.0

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Use IE Plugin as your preferred client....

Regards

ASHFAQ

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

The IE plug-in needs to be installed on every client machine. You will need to refresh IE after installing the plug-in for it to work (probably best to close it and go back in). As the name suggests the IE plug-in only works in IE. The best way to select it is (as mentioned above) to set it as your default client in the drop down to the top right of the Access Point page. You can also select it by clicking on the small down arrow to the top right of each document thumbnail.

The reason you would use the Ajax client is to support users on other browsers - perhaps on Macs or mobile clients. It generally works well - but it does have the niggles that you have noted.

If you require to use Ajax because of cross browser compatibility you just need to design your document accordingly - not using Horizontal tables and allowing space for the larger scroll bars. QlikView 10 has the option to preview the page in Ajax mode in QlikView desktop - giving you a WYSIWIG view in the editor.

I would agree with the comments above though that the IE plugin gives the best UI and performance and should be used if possible.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

QlikView 10 has the option to preview the page in Ajax mode in QlikView desktop - giving you a WYSIWIG view in the editor.

I found only the Webview in QlikView10. Is there any options about the mode of plugin.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sri,

The Web View feature in version 10 is actually Ajax view - you will notice the larger scroll bars.

In response to Ronald's original query, the incrorrect display of straight tables with the 'Horizontal' box ticked is fixed in version 10. Would still recommend the IE plugin if possible though.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Ya I got it Steve

Thanks again