Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inverse Exponential lines for a forecast are not mirrored

Hello!

I am making 2 line chart objects that are inverses on one another. One is usage type A, % of total usage. The other is usage type B, % of total usage. Usage A + B = Total Usage. One is going up as the other goes down.

Within the Expressions tab, I have trendline 'Exponential' selected. Within the Axes tab, I have Forecast checked with the value of 36 entered (months). My X-Axis is year-months.

My question is, why are the exponential trend lines in the forecast area of the charts not mirror images? The increasing trend line looks like a normal trend line but the decreasing trend line looks like a straight linear trend line and is not nearly as pronounced.

My Actual value lines are mirror images and I checked that the data and my formulas are correct. Is this something to do with the Trendline formula going down?

Please note I have advanced Excel skills but am very new to Qlikview. Thank you for the help in advance.

0 Replies