Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

String or format functions not completely available in QlikSense? (like keepchar, purgechar)

Does many of QlikView functions not in QlikSense?

Was following a post on functions -- PurgeChar and KeepChar Functions

And realized they are not available in QlikSense.

So wanted to understand more on why so.

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Noticed functions like keepchar, purgechar are working in script portion of Data load editor. But not in adding/updating a new field from Data Manager. Please see the attached screenshot.

keep_char.png

keepchar is detected as unexpected token. And same is the case with purgechar function.

Furthermore (only for reference Info), understood the overall functions not supported in QlikSense from this QlikView functions and statements not supported in Qlik Sense ‒ Qlik Sense

sunny_talwar

I am not sure where exactly you are using this (relatively new to Qlik Sense), but not sure why you are using two functions (Right and KeepChar) unlinked to each other.

Capture.PNG

Have you just tried KeepChart('1234', '122'), without the whole Right() function part from the above image?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

KeepChar() & PurgeChar() both work in Qlik Sense (tested in 2.2.4).

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Please note both keepchar and right functions were mentioned just to show the error part of QlikSense display.

I got my job done using right and len functions.

Question is why keepchar is recognized as unexpected token in QlikSense while adding/updating a new field in Data Manager section.

If my question is right, then QlikSense documentation should be updated. If there is a definite answer, please share.

sunny_talwar

I have a feeling that you are not using the function the right way, but it is hard to say by looking at the image. I think KeepChar will be recognized and will work, but I cannot confirm 100%

Not applicable
Author

Martin,

Pasting the link to earlier reply -- Re: String or format functions not completely available in QlikSense? (like keepchar, purgechar)

I am using QlikSense Desktop 3.0 (should be ok compared to 2.2.4).

Was both keepchar, purgechar functions working for you in Data manager section while adding/updating a field?

Would like to know that. If yes, let me check if any mistake at my end.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny for the inputs. Gives some unexplored direction to ponder.

Now I got concrete feeling; you are strong in QlikView and relatively new in QlikSense.

For the benefit of your doubt, please see attached image where only keepchar function is used while adding a new field. And System (i.e. QlikSense Desktop 3.0) says invalid function.

keep_char.png

sunny_talwar

Thanks for posting the image and you are right have not worked on Qlik Sense well enough to be 100% positive. But this screenshot does seem to show issue.