3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2016 9:19 AM by Vladimir Komarov RSS

QlikSense - Data Entry

Cristian Monfrini

Hi,

I would like to use QLikSense to modify data.

I realize a new Dashboard that analyze the Order information but my customer ask me if is possibile to enter the new value of order and show the changes.

I have one table that show the informations and for the key i would to show the old value and enter the new value.

Practically a what-if analysis....

There is an extension? How is it possibile?

Thanks.

• Re: QlikSense - Data Entry
          Vladimir Komarov

Cristian,

I did not see an extension that allows you to modify multiple "cells" (rows or columns) at once.

But you can use a single value extensions (with assigned variable) that will allow you to change a single variable at a time...

There are few extensions to handle that on the Branch.

Hopefully it will work for you.

Regards,

Vlad

Cristian Monfrini

Thank you Vlad for the response.

I already saw this extension but whit these i can modify the value in the variable.

In my table i have many rows and if i want to modify two or plus record with differen value?

I saw the klik-ins extension but the demo don't work with qliksense.

Regards

Vladimir Komarov

Cristian,

I did not see such extension yet. Please note that Qlik was designed as a reporting tool, so they do not support data entry (much)....

You have two options, IMHO:

1. Build an extension per your specifications (or pay somebody to do that)

2. Use tools like MS Excel to modify your data

For #2: you need to export your data into CSV and load it into Excel. It's not very user-friendly (you can release your app in Mashup, embed Excel object into your Mashup and use it this way).

Not perfect solution, for sure, but it might work...

Regards,

Vlad