Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schultem
Contributor III
Contributor III

No docs and license lease while opening Accesspoint

Hi Guys,

Two of my users don't get any documents in the access point. The access point recognizes their user (it's on the right top of the screen as domain\user) but they are not able to see any documents. For other users it works fine. If I take a look at the license information in the enterprise manager both users get a "license lease" but they only open the access point. Is that correct behaviour? In my idea you only do the license lease if you open the Qlikview Developer on your client. How can I solve this problem?

regards,

Mandy

8 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

I would suggest you to stop services and remove .pgo files located in the root folder.

Make sure to take a back up of that.

Then restart services. If possible restart server.

Hope that helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You get a license lease when you open something on the server via developer, but they will keep the lease for 30 days.

If you use NTFS security, QV will check if they have the rights to see the documents.

If you use DMS, you have to allow the users to see the documents on the QEMC

schultem
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

>> You get a license lease when you open something on the server via developer, but they will keep the lease for 30 days

Well, I am really sure the user didn't open anything via the developer because he doesn't have the developer installed on his computer. He only uses IE8 to acces the accesspoint. That's pretty strange isn't it?

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I think the answer is in the second part of Erich's post: those users probably don't have access to any documents, either in Windows (if you're using NTFS) or QV Server (DMS).

schultem
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yeah, looks like that's the issue. They didn't get necessary group for privilege on the folder with documents.

But that's not the answer to the question: why do they get a license lease while they only use IE8 to open the access point?

schultem
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

And another question: the "last used" is filled with a date/time for some of the users. How's that possible? Because I expect it will never work if there are missing privileges?

Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Actually the Plugin will lease a license. The leased license will be shared between the Plugin and Developer. I believe this was was introduced in QV9 SR5. One of the purposes is for instance enabling license lease when using custom users (something that would be impossible without the Plugin leasing a license). So what you see is normal behavior.

schultem
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well that's strange because my other users don't lease the license with the same use of the plugin.