Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Customize the dashboard to get error message if no access.

I have a Qlikview dashboard and if i don't have access then if i go thru access point it will not be displayed in access point. But we are planning to use different webpage with the direct URL, so if i don't have access it throwing HTTP 404 error message, but we need some custom error message to display.

How to control of showing custom error message and how this can be handled?

Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Suresh,

That seems to me something that the WebServer should deal with. Meaning that if your document doesn't exist or is not returned because of no access, the Web Server should manage that, understand that the URL points to a wrong address and so show the error message. There are some ways of doing this, and you can customize your error webpages in IIS and Apache.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

We are not using some other webserver we are using qlikview webserver only, using the below url as link in other webpage instead of access point. if i use the URL directly in browser then i am getting as HTTP 404 error message, but i need some custom error messsage,

URL - http://136.16.37.41/QvAjaxZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@sze00031|DEV/QlikViewServerMonitoring.qvw&client=Ajax

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then you will have to play with the script files in the QlikView Server folder. First, back all the folder up, just in case.

Anyway, let's see what other people say.