This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
What you're trying to do is not technically possible with QVS. But...here's how I would do it:
- Disable downloads for all users on the server through the QEMC
- Set a .QVW MIME type in your web server. If you are using QVWS, you can set this directly in QEMC >> System >> QlikView Web Servers >> Web. If you are using IIS, you can add it under HTTP headers (a quick google search will show you the exact procedure). In both cases, the MIME type should be application/octet-stream I believe.
- Create a "portal" QVW application that your users will have access to. This portal application will actually just be your regular application; for your non-download users, this will be their final destination. The application can open in AJAX or IE Plugin. For your download users, you will include a link in the application to download the QVW. They will start off in the web application, but can then download the QVW if they want.
- You can either use the OSUSER() function in QlikView or use section access to set a flag based on user identity. Your text object would be hidden based on the OSUSER function or the section access flag.
- Of course, use proper NTFS permissions and Windows security to make sure that users don't simply email the link to each other.