Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Back-up of QV Server

Hi,

I need to all all the system folders that I should include on a backup routine of the QV Server.

The applications folder is fine, because I can set it thought QEMC but I'd like to include other folders to minimize (or even eliminate) any configuration in case I need to restore the system.

I don't want to include the whole drivers ( I don't need to backup the whole O.S.)

I don't know if there are differences between versions for this matter. I'd like to make it for QVS 9 and 10

Best Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Eric,

The major difference between version 9 and 10 is that version 10 store the settings in ini-files while version 9 will store the settings in the registry. So for QVS 10 it should be OK just backup C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech or C:\Programdata\QlikTech. For QVS 9 you'll also have to include registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / QlikTech / QlikviewServer.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Eric,

The major difference between version 9 and 10 is that version 10 store the settings in ini-files while version 9 will store the settings in the registry. So for QVS 10 it should be OK just backup C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech or C:\Programdata\QlikTech. For QVS 9 you'll also have to include registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / QlikTech / QlikviewServer.

Hope this helps

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

It's easier to config backup's for QV 10!

Thanks a lot!