Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svinnakota
Creator
Creator

2 Expressions concatenation in a bar graph in QilkSense

Hi All,

I am creating a bar chart with 1 Dimension and 1 Measure. In a single measure i need to concatenate 2 Expressions.

For Example: Dimension : production

Measure : Sum(sales)[space] [Sum(quantity) /total(quantity)]%

In the same measure i am having 2 expressions which need to show as a single value in the Bar chart.

1st expression is normal where as 2nd expression will be percentage by showing the percentage(%).

Can anyone help me in solving this puzzle?

Let me know if such scenario can be done in qlik sense bar graph.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Santosh,

Do you mean that you would like to have the 1st expression show up as the bars in the chart, and would like to display the 2nd expression (or both the 1st and second) when you mouseover? If that is the case, give this thread a read: mouseover label.

Anonymous
Not applicable

svinnakota

As far as i know you cannot do that. But there is a work around for it. Let me know if that works for you. See the screen shots.

svinnakota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi h.eskelinen

Thanks for the Reply. I checked the link and it is for qlikview not the qlik sense.

The calculation is done in the same measure for both expressions but on the graph it should display the percentage value and the aggregate value.

As we know that when we are taking the stacked (1D,2M) bar chart in qlik sense,the highest value of the measure will be plotted on the graph and the second measure will be included in the same bar. But the value on the bar shows only one measure value.

But i want the output value on the graph should be displayed as: 220 16.2%

220-1st Measure Value; 16.2% : 2nd measure value.

Both the measure values should display on the top of the bar chart with Space between them.

svinnakota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi vinay_bangari

Thanks for the reply. I saw the images which you have posted. The 2 Measures should display on the bar with spaces instead of taking Primary and secondary axis for the 2nd measure. (OR)

When we do the mouser over values should be shown side by side by having space between them.

Ex: 200 16.2%

is this possible in qlik sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Santosh,

Sorry for the slip-up, I should have noticed that it was a post for QlikView. I tried looking around for other entries, but no direct solution for what you are looking for showed up. Qlik Branch currently only has a scatter plot with custom popup labels: GitHub - bruce-armstrong/com-get-integrated-scatterchart: Qlik Sense Scatterplot with Customizable P...

Anonymous
Not applicable

as far as i know it cannot be done. may be in future Buddy

svinnakota
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Vinay. As you said i hope in future releases they ll implement such scenatio.

svinnakota
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Henry,

No need to apologise for that. I am thankful to you for sharing that link. I came to know a different way of writing the expression.

However, I need to display on top of a bar not on a scatter plot. Thanks for the link and reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have any helpful answers or correct answers please mark them so that way it will close the thread and it will help the next reader who is looking for the same topic