Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't access Qlik Sense 3.0.1 Hub by IP address

I am having trouble here.

We are running 3.0.1 and I am able to access QMC whether I go by the IP address or the DNS name, both HTTP and HTTPS.

When I try to access the Hub with IP address (over HTTP or HTTPS), it shows the bubbles and then says "An error occurred", with no other supporting information.  If I access Hub using the DNS name, there is no problem.

I am guessing this may have something to do with the Hub web server binding to DNS name but not IP?  How can I enable it for both?

We have a customer with not very robust DNS, and would like to be able to just give them an IP until they get their IT ducks in a row.

Thanks,

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gregortvw
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

in the Virtual Proxy configuration you have to list the IPs in "Whitelist". In this way you can access your hub via IPs or DNS aliases or external URL.

Qlik Sense checks the URL of the hub, if not FQDN or whitelisted entry, it blocks the connection for security reasons.

Regads,

Gregor

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gregortvw
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

in the Virtual Proxy configuration you have to list the IPs in "Whitelist". In this way you can access your hub via IPs or DNS aliases or external URL.

Qlik Sense checks the URL of the hub, if not FQDN or whitelisted entry, it blocks the connection for security reasons.

Regads,

Gregor

thalespe
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

This fix my problem for DNS alias.

Thanks, Gregor.