cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When to use Bundle with info

Hi all,

I am new to Qlikview,

I want to know when i have to use bundle with info, i want to load image in listbox, i have tried it with info and bundle both works, but if don't use bundle with info than also i am getting output

so i want to know when we have to use bundle

can anyone help me for this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As far as I understand the difference between using Bundle and not with an info load is that when Bundle is used the files you are attaching to the 'info' are actually brought into the .qvw - this allows for greater portability of the file.

Try searching for 'Bundle' in the Qv help file and all should be explained.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As far as I understand the difference between using Bundle and not with an info load is that when Bundle is used the files you are attaching to the 'info' are actually brought into the .qvw - this allows for greater portability of the file.

Try searching for 'Bundle' in the Qv help file and all should be explained.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

thanks you matt for helping

Not applicable
Author

Hello debajaj,

The basic need of the bundle is when we need to move the application from one machine to other and we dont want to transfer the files associated with it. so the bundle store the info inside the Qlik View Document itself and do not need to be moved with the application.

Not applicable
Author

thanks silky for your answer

Not applicable
Author

Happy to help ...! 🙂

Smile

namratam3
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi All,

I tried to load image files through bundle load and it ran fine, visible in document but when I delete those  image and run second time, those image files are not visible in document. If they images are stored in qvw In first run then why are not visible in second run.

Lijoe
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Images Stored are volatile ,When you reload the data is refreshed.