3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2011 3:23 AM by s j RSS

Can SAP Connector read multiproviders

moelkers

I am new to QV using 8.5. I have inherited QV reporting for a new SAP installation and was asked by our BW consultant if the connector can access multiproviders. Not sure what they are

Any insight?

Thanks

• Can SAP Connector read multiproviders

Moelkers,

It has been so long since you posted this. but I am stuck in same issue right now. did you find any solution how to do that??

Regards

• Can SAP Connector read multiproviders
              Ian Crosland

Hi

A multiprovider within BW is a special type of Infoprovider which can contain data from several BW sources for example combining 2 separate cubes or combining multiple ODS objects.  QlikView can pull data from these via a couple of routes:

• Build a BeX query on the multiprovider and use the OLAP connector to link to this (depending on data volumes)
              • Determine the underlying logic of what is contained in the multiprovider and use the SQL connector to pull the base tables, for example a multiprovider may pull data from a sales and accounting cube, so we could use the SQL connector to pull the required fact/master data tables.  For large volume cubes this will be the most performant approach

Ian