cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV11 unable to edit QVW on server/access point

Hello,

I have created a QVW on my desktop and successfully deployed it to the QlikView Access Point server.  I am unable to edit any object on the server using Qlikview desktop but other users can (and some can't). Both instances of QV desktop are using leased licenses. I am thinking this is a security privileges issue, but I am at a loss as how to troubleshoot this issue.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you open a qlikview .qvw file in Qlikview Desktop with the Open in Server menu option then the document will be read-only. If you open the file with the Open menu option then you can edit the document. And if you have write privileges for the file system location where the file is stored then you can save it there after making changes too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you open a qlikview .qvw file in Qlikview Desktop with the Open in Server menu option then the document will be read-only. If you open the file with the Open menu option then you can edit the document. And if you have write privileges for the file system location where the file is stored then you can save it there after making changes too.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert!  I never would have thought that would make a difference.