Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QvSAPOLAPConnector

All,

First post in the forum, a few questions on the OLAP connector:

I downloaded SAP Connector version 5.2, files 640-700.zip and QvcsetupRedist.exe both of SR1 release. I installed it on QV9 7440.8 SR3.

In the script editor, I tried to use the Olap connector to get data from queries in BW system (SAP_BW = Release 701, Level 0005, highest support SAPKW70105). I tried to connect using a user ID that basically have SAP_ALL authorization. The connection was successful, but the system showed only one BW cube - 0BWTC_C02.

Questions

1- Do I have the necessary BW release?

2- Why only one cube showed, while there are numerous cubes with queries released for OLE DB for OLAP?

3- What is the difference when connecting to BW via Application vs Message server?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

4 Replies
Lars_Wahlstedt
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The BW version should be no problem, but you should download the latest Connector 540 SR1, since there are some bug-fixes regarding OLAP.

You should also do a Authorisation trace in BW, since it is the most likely cause to the missing cubes.

Regards, Lars

joe_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply.

I've decided to use a BW IDES system to setup the SAP connector. Is it possible for you to provide a complete how-to on importing the two transports into SAP? I am familar with Basis, but not on the topic of importing external transports such as this.

Best Regards,

Joe

joe_nguyen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Update:

I was able to get the transports into my SAP demo system.

Cheers.

suniljain
Master
Master

For SAPOLAP Connector you have to assign role QTQVBWACCESS in SAP BW Server.