3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2016 6:57 AM by Rohit Kumar RSS

App based security rule in qlik sense

Prasanta Kumar

Hi,

i have two apps and some AD goups into which users have been added. same user are part of multiple AD groups.

I have a scenario, where i want to give one AD group to create sheet, bookmark, publish sheets and all facilites under one app.

where as for the second app, i want to give this AD group without sheet creation permission.

which means they can create all other app ojects like bookmark , story and all.

I tried to use the below security rule, but it did not work.

please advise in which part i am doing wrong.

i have disabled the stantad create app object security rule in qmc.

also is it possible to restrict users to create a sheet but not capable of publishing that.

App1

================

Resource filter - App_05f36db7-22e7-4da2-9900-abcf8316a94c,App.Object_*

Condition -

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate" or resource.objectType = "sheet" or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType != "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and !(user.group="TEAM1")

App2

===============

Resource filter -  App_22e7-4da2-9900-abcf8316a95c,App.Object_*

Condition

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate" or resource.objectType != "sheet" or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType != "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and !(user.group="TEAM1")