Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate dimensions are not showing within app

Hi All,

i have created a security rule in order to disable few app.objects for few AD group users as below.

With this security rule, it has also disabled the available alternate dimensions and they are not showing inside sheets for users to select.

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate" or resource.objectType != "sheet" or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType != "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and !(user.group="TEAM1")

can you please advise what needs to be modified in the above security rule

thanks

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Prasanta - let me see if jog‌ might know.

Thanks

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

It looks like you have disabled sheets and bookmarks.  Alternative Dims and Measures doesn't work in stories because they are made with snapshots which are essentially images.  It could be the resource(s) you are picking as well.  Can you screen shot the entire rule?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

We have not disabled the sheets, Users can see it , but we have disabled the edit and duplicate option for a sheet by this security rule.

the problem is when the user open the sheet, then cant  see the alternative dimension created earlier to select.

please find attached the screen shot for your reference.

!resource.App.stream.Empty() and resource.App.HasPrivilege("read") and (resource.objectType = "userstate" or resource.objectType != "sheet" or resource.objectType = "story" or resource.objectType = "bookmark" or resource.objectType = "snapshot" or resource.objectType = "embeddedsnapshot" or resource.objectType = "hiddenbookmark") and !(user.group="TEAM-QLIK-TEAM1"Snapshot.JPG)

Not applicable
Author

hi Jaffrey,

Did you get a chance to check the screenshot.

is there any specific app.object code i have to add to my condition

thanks in advance for your feedback