Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a limit on the number of columns in the extension array

Hi,

Sorry if I use the wrong terminology but I have hacked\created an extension object a while ago to interact with Google Maps. My Definition.xml document has four dimensions and four measurements within it and everything works fine.

I now want to add a further dimension to place more data into the extension yet when I add the new column the extension falls over (Google Maps blanks).

I am not at a point where the script is using this data so I don't feel the script has been confused by additional data.

I've had a look around the community and I suspect I am not searching correctly (a terminology thing) but my current thought is that there is a limit to the number of columns that can be passed into extension and this is my issue... so is there a limit on this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

5 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I´ve already used an extension with 10 expressions.

How much do you need?

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

This is my existing XLM which I wish to add one to.... I think I have eight expressions so I guess the problem I am experiencing is else where.

Thanks for your information.

<ExtensionObject xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Definition.xsd" Label="GoogleMaps - Bubbles" Description="CF GoogleMaps Extension" PageHeight="20000">

<Dimension Label="Latitude" Initial="Latitude" DropTarget="Latitude"/>

<Dimension Label="Longitude" Initial="Longitude" DropTarget="Longitude"/>

<Dimension Label="Level1" Initial="FranCo" DropTarget="FranCo"/>

<Dimension Label="Level2" Initial="Country" DropTarget="Country"/>

<Measurement Label="Mode" Initial="Sum(lat)"/>

<Measurement Label="Measurement" Initial="Sum(lat)"/>

<Measurement Label="Contents" Initial="Sum(lat)"/>

<Measurement Label="Percentage" Initial="Sum(lat)"/>

<Initiate Name="Chart.Dimension.0.SuppressNull" value="1"/>

<Initiate Name="Chart.Dimension.1.SuppressNull" value="1"/>

</ExtensionObject>

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Would you mind sharing your extension?

I can take a look at it

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have sorted the problem... not sure if fixed is the right word... I found out the best way forward was to:

Delete the extension from QV (I also pressed F5 for fun)

Saved the document

Closed QV

Update the XML

Open QV and add the extension back in

Not the most automated of processes and maybe there is a better way to do this... but so far everything is working again.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

If you change your Definition file, all objects already created usually get buggy.

I have to delete and re-add anytime I change my definition file